he following range of grade points for each letter grade will be followed. The performance of a student is evaluated in terms of two indices: a) Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA) which is the grade point average of the particular semester and b) Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) which is the grade point average of all the semesters taken together. The Level of Award for BMathSc will be determined by CGPA.
Range of Grade Points
|Marks Range (in %)||Grade Point (Value)||Grade|
|90 and above||4.0||A+|
Levels of Award
|3.30 – 4.0||Distinction|
|2.30 – 3.29||First Class|
|1.30 – 2.29||Second Class|
|1.0 – 1.29||Pass|
- The minimum pass grade for each course shall be Grade D.
- A student obtaining Grade F in any course shall deem to have failed in that course.
Calculation of SGPA and CGPA
1) Add the total course credits for all courses attempted.
2) Multiply the course credit by the earned grade point to obtain the total grade points for each course.
3) Add the total grade points earned for all courses.
4) Divide the total grade points earned by the total course credits, i.e., Step 3 is divided by Step 1.
|Course||A||B||C||D||E||Total Course Credit|
|Grade||A+||A||B-||B+||C+||Total GP Earned|
|Grade Points Earned||12||11.1||8.1||9.9||9.2||50.30|
SGPA= Total Grade Points Earned / Total Course Credit = 50.30 / 16 = 3.14.
SGPA= 3.14 Level of Award: First Class